Page 1 of 1
Betting on Inter County Games
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:20 pm
by bart
does anyone bet on inter county games & what games would you bet on this weekend.
i think kerry ,Donegal, Limerick(football & hurling), will win this weekend,i might do a bet on them.
any thoughts would be welcome.
Bart.
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:35 pm
by Leroy
Kerry And Donegal Double - Laois and Westmeath are carrying too many injuries and with both playing a long way from home the signs are not good!!! Although you can't beat both of them often enough!
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:35 pm
by Lone Shark
I have been known to have an occasional wager .....
Wouldn't touch Kerry at that price - they're not playing well, and Laois are. They might win, but at 1/2 they're an awful bet. Likewise Donegal are not 2/5 shots to beat Westmeath.
Bet of the weekend for me has to be Limerick hurlers. Waterford are getting steadily worse, and while there is an assumption that there will be a "backlash" the odds are such that it's almost presumed there would be. I'd definitely be on Limerick to win that game - my only bet of the weekend.
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:15 pm
by naasmanxrhode
I agree, I think that Limerick will beat Waterford and that Donegal will beat W'meath. Not so sure about Kerry, but they might win.
Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:12 pm
by Leroy
As we got all 3 results correct - Did anybody put on any money - I know I didn't!

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:27 am
by Hyper
Three out of four I'd say Leroy, wouldn't be any good in an accum!!!
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:23 am
by Lone Shark
Took a few bob out of the Limerick hurlers all right. Made feck all for the weekend though - hadn't intended backing our own hurlers, assuming the prices would be around 4/7 Tipp and 7/4 Offaly - at 5/2 I caved and had a decent chunk on them, the price was just too big. Feck it. Bloody bookies drawing me in!
