Page 1 of 1
Neville's disappearing act........
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:12 pm
by Mighty Pair O' Hands
Any word on why Neville walked out of the offaly panel in the run up to the Kerry game ?
Offaly indo has it that he was less than happy with the commitment of some of the players and the management.
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:26 pm
by azoffaly
To paraphrase Eamonn Dunphy (bet you never thought you'd read that on an Offaly GAA site) 'Offaly footballers are a shambles'.
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:40 pm
by True Red
Actual report
Offaly senior football star Neville Coughlan had what he describes as a “difference of opinion” with management and teammates last week and walked out of a training session.
The row happened last Monday night, however the 23-year-old Shamrocks’ club man patched up his differences late on fFiday night and was available to travel to Tralee for Offaly Allianz National Football League game against last year’s All-Ireland finalists.
“I just thought some of the players and management weren’t giving 100 per cent. I told them how I felt and decided I had enough and walked out,” Coughlan told the Offaly Independent.
However, after discussing his grievances with manager Kevin Kilmurray, the former dual star made himself available to travel to Kerry on Saturday morning.
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:47 pm
by Lone Shark
"Not Giving 100%"
It's a bit of a catch all phrase to be honest. I believe it was something to do with how he was being played within the training session, and that escalated into an all round row about tactics etc., or so was the verdict I got on Sat. Night - but then there could be a degree of purple monkey dishwasher going on.
You'd need someone who was there to really say what went on - although it's worrying that a guy like Neville - level headed and utterly reliable - felt the need to do this.
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:07 pm
by TheManFromFerbane
Storm in a tea cup, my "inside sources" tell me he it was a weight session on Monday night and alot of the lads were'nt there. He was unhappy with this, but supposedly lads do all their weight training at their own local gyms so there ya go.
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:35 pm
by azoffaly
Was your 'inside source' there?

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:02 pm
by Mighty Pair O' Hands
The disagreement must have been serious enough if it happened Monday night and wasnt resolved until Friday night - that's 4 days of stewing when a simple phone call could have solved a trivial matter.
Because Neville is fairly level headed it sounds as if discontentment is growing.
While I'm on the rumour trail.....I heard that a vote was taken by the players at that meeting in Croghan 2 weeks ago to ask KK to go and he was supported by the players but just barely on the count ! It was an "inside source" twice removed so could be a load of cobblers.