Page 1 of 1

Minor League

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:59 pm
by Joe Balls
How come the minor league football reports are not on most of the papers? The topic seems to be the only one but i heard the woman who writes them is involved with the team? Any views? Is there a hurling league for the minors. Should be interesting to see how Johnny Dooleys side progress this year.

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:04 pm
by Lone Shark
The woman you're talking about is Mary Dooley of Ballyfore, if I'm not mistaken - I'm not sure what her exact role is on paper, but from what I can tell she seems to be one of those people who basically looks after the players and sees that the basics are done - I know the players all have great time for her anyway.

Generally games like this aren't very well advertised - hence the lack of coverage by times. I know I covered three of them last year, but at this stage I had no experience with writing, so I was being given them as trial runs more or less.

There is no hurling league for the minor hurlers that I know of - but the championship format is such that they end up playing a fair few games in that anyway.

Of course if you've been at these games yourself, reports would be much appreciated by all on here ..... :D

Minor Secretary

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:47 am
by Treasurer
Mary Dunne is her name - she's the Bord na nOg Secretary.

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:34 am
by Lone Shark
Mary, if you're reading, my apologies. :oops:

I was introduced about a year ago, and then saw her too often to be able to ask. Still sloppy on my part though.

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:46 pm
by turk
Lay off the sauce "Lone Shark", if that is your real name!!