Quick Eligibility/Admin Question

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Post Reply
Kevin
All Star
Posts: 1025
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:00 pm
Location: New Jersey

Quick Eligibility/Admin Question

Post by Kevin »

A player from Offaly recently participated in the New York Championship for winners Sligo.

If his team is still involved in the Offaly championship is this player then allowed to ‘rejoin’ the home club and participate in the Offaly championship also?

Congrats to the player and Sligo NY btw…

Thanks in advance for any info.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Tar Man
Intermediate
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:37 pm

Re: Quick Eligibility/Admin Question

Post by Tar Man »

Kevin wrote: ↑Fri Sep 25, 2026 4:02 pm A player from Offaly recently participated in the New York Championship for winners Sligo.

If his team is still involved in the Offaly championship is this player then allowed to ‘rejoin’ the home club and participate in the Offaly championship also?

Congrats to the player and Sligo NY btw…

Thanks in advance for any info.
I saw that alright in a newspaper article. The article said that all was legal. He played in New York earlier in the summer, came back and played for his Club, returned to New York for the final, and is now eligible to play for his Club again. I'm sure it is all legal but would myself like to know what rule or sanction covers this. I had always thought that you couldn't play for your home club for 60 Days (this mightn't be correct) after you applied to play abroad.

del
All Star
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: tullamore

Re: Quick Eligibility/Admin Question

Post by del »

I would presume it’s all legal. But from a mgt perspective. They can’t be happy but I’m sure the money made a difference

Post Reply